RICARDO DARIO GONZALEZ, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Ricardo Gonzalez is a board-certified adult urologist with expertise in conditions afflicting the urinary tract and genitalia.
He obtained his medical degree with honors from the University of Florida in Gainesville and completed his surgical training at the University of South Florida in Tampa. He now practices in Manatee county with Urology Partners of Bradenton, a division of Genesis Care. He is board-certified by the American Board of Urology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Gonzalez has extensive training in all aspects of general urology, including kidney stone disease, urologic oncology (including prostate, kidney, bladder, penile, ureteral and testicular cancers), voiding dysfunction, overactive bladder, incontinence, pelvic pain syndromes, urinary obstruction, prostate enlargement, sexual dysfunction, erectile dysfunction and urinary tract infections.
He has privileges at Riverwalk Ambulatory Surgery Center, Lakewood Ranch Medical Center, Manatee Memorial Hospital and Blake Medical Center. He served as Chief of Surgery at Blake Medical Center from 2019 to 2021.
Dr. Gonzalez is a native Floridian born in Miami. He is the son of Cuban immigrants and speaks both English and Spanish.
08/2008 – 05/2012
08/2003 – 05/2007
07/2013 – 06/2017
Urology Residency, Department of Urology
University of South Florida
07/2012 – 06/2013
General Surgery Internship, Department of Surgery
University of South Florida Tampa, FL
Positions and Employment
01/2019 – 12/2020
Chief of Surgery, Blake Medical Center;
10/2017 – current
Urologist, Urology Partners, 21st Century Oncology; Bradenton, FL
Licenses and Certification
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Board of Urology (#20662)
- Florida Medical License (#ME130265)
- USMLE Step I, II, III
- Certificate of Completion of InterStim System Simulator Training Program; Medtronic (2015)
- Certificate of da Vinci System Training as Console Surgeon; Intuitive Surgical (2015)
- Certificate of da Vinci Si Modules for Residents, Fellows, and First Assists Online Training Module (2015)
- Certificate of Participation in 2015 SESAUA Resident Robotics Course at the Florida Hospital Nicholson Center in Celebration, Florida
- Certificate of Attendance Men’s Health Resident Course; Boston Scientific (2016)
- Xiaflex REMs enrollment ID# 3003057
- Blake Medical Center (Chief of Surgery)
- Manatee Memorial Hospital
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center
- Riverwalk Ambulatory Surgical Center
- American Board of Urology
- American Urological Association
- Florida Urological Society
- Southeastern Section of American Urological Association
- Florida Medical Association
- Manatee County Medical Society
- American College of Surgeons
- Milton Coplan Award, 2015. Presented at the Florida Urological Society 67th Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL
- Gonzalez, Ricardo D., B.A., and Benjamin K. Canales, M.D., M.P.H. “Chapter 8 Intrarenal Calculi.” Ureteroscopy: Indications, Instrumentation & Technique. Ed. Manoj Monga, M.D. New York: Humana, 2013. 99-107. Print. Current Clinical Urology.
- Peer Reviewed Journal Articles/Abstracts
- Fisher JS, Gonzalez RD, Spiess PE. A Novel Use of Tisseel in the Setting of Uncontrolled Bleeding in a Thrombocytopenic Patient with Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia. Urology Case Reports 2015.
- Canales BK, Gonzalez RD. Kidney stone risk following Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery. Translational andrology and urology. 2014;3(3):242-249. doi:10.3978/ j.issn.2223-4683.2014.06.02.
- Gonzalez RD, Canales BK. Kidney Stone Risk Following Modern Bariatric Surgery. Current urology reports. 2014;15(5):401. doi:10.1007/s11934-014-0401-x.
- Gonzalez RD, Whiting BM, Canales BK. The History of Kidney Stone Dissolution Therapy: 50 Years of Optimism and Frustration With Renacidin.Journal of Endourology. 2012;26(2):110-118. doi:10.1089/end.2011.0380.
- Gonzalez, R.D., Whiting, B., Canales, B.K.. Laparoscopic Calyceal Diverticulectomy: Video Review of Techniques and Outcomes. Journal of Endourology. October 2011, 25(10):1591-1595. doi:10.1089/end.2011.0163.
- Sibille KT, Kindler LL, Glover TL, et al. Individual Differences in Morphine and Butorphanol Analgesia: A Laboratory Pain Study. Pain medicine (Malden, Mass). 2011;12(7):1076-1085. doi:10.1111/j.1526-4637.2011.01157.x.
Whiting, B., Gonzalez, R., Canales, B. Laparoscopic Ablation of Calyceal Diverticulum: Long-term Follow-up. Presented at the 76th Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Section of the AUA; Amelia Island, FL.
Gonzalez, R., Whiting, B., Canales, B. Laparoscopic Calyceal Diverticulectomy: Video Review of Techniques and Outcomes. Presented at the Medical Student Research Day at the University of Florida College of Medicine; Gainesville, FL.
Sibille, K., Riley III, J., Kindler, L., Glover, T., Gonzalez, R., 4 Staud, R., Fillingim, R.. Sex Differences in Morphine and Butorphanol Analgesia: Additional Considerations. Presented at the 13th World Congress on Pain Meeting; Quebec, Canada.
Gonzalez, R., Whiting, B., Canales, B., Laparoscopic Calyceal Diverticulectomy: Video Review of Techniques and Outcomes. Presented at the 76th Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Section of the American Urologic Association, Amelia Island, FL.
Milton Coplan Pyelogram Hour
67th Annual Meeting of Florida Urological Society, Orlando, FL
Active Surveillance of Prostate Cancer. University of Florida Department of Urology Grand Rounds; Gainesville, FL
Outpatient Evaluation of Hematuria in Adults. Commonwealth Group, End of Month Faculty and Staff Meeting, Universiy of Florida College of Medicine; Jacksonville, FL
Sex-Related Genetic Influences on Pain and Analgesia. General Clinical Research Center Summer Research Program Presentation Day; Gainesville, FL
Language Fluency (Other than English)